Mackerel Run Down
Mix all seasonings and set aside.
Heat Vegetable Oil in a saucepan, add seasonings and sauté on a medium-high heat. Add Dunn's River Curry Powder and stir well.
Stir in Dunn's River Coconut Milk, reduce heat to medium and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Drain Grace Mackerel, flake into large pieces and stir-well into the coconut sauce.
Stir in the Whole Pimento berries and allow the full mixture to simmer for 5-7 minutes before serving alongside plain rice, slices or boiled yam or your favourite starch of choice - Enjoy!
- • 2 tbsp Vegetable or Olive Oil
- • 1 stalk Spring Onion, finely chopped
- • 1 medium White Onion, chopped
- • 4 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- • 1 sprig Thyme
- • 1 tbsp, Dunn's River Mild Curry Powder
- • x1 400ml can Dunn's River Coconut Milk
- • 2 tbsp Grace Jamaican-style Hot Sauce
- • x2 425g cans Grace Mackerel In Brine,
- • 8 Dunn's River Whole Pimento berries