Great Value with Grace - Caribbean Bean Curry Served with Fritters
GREAT VALUE with GRACE - Caribbean Bean Curry Served with Fritters
1) Heat 1tsp of Grace Coconut Oil in a large deep bottomed pot over a medium heat and sauté onion for 2-3 minutes until softened.
2) Add chopped tomatoes, sweet potato and all of your Dunn’s River Seasonings, and bring to the boil for 5 minutes before reducing the heat to medium-low.
3) Add the canned Dunn’s River Peas & Beans, Dunn’s River Butter Beans, Dunn’s River Coconut Milk and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) Portion into individual bowls and garnish with chopped coriander and a sprinkle finely slices spring onion.
5) To make the Fritters, combine Grace Salt Fish Fritters Mix with 125ml water and let batter sit for 5 minutes. Portion into 1 tbsp sized fritters and fry in ½ inch of Grace Coconut Oil on a medium heat, turning occasionally, until crispy and golden brown – Drain fritters on paper towel and serve hot alongside your curry - Enjoy!
- 1 can Dunn’s River Peas & Beans, 400g
- 1 can Dunn’s River Butter Beans, 400g
- 1 can Dunn’s River Coconut Milk, 400ml
- 2 tbsp Dunn’s River Mild Curry Powder, 100g
- 1 tsp Dunn’s River Everyday Seasoning, 100g
- 2 tsp Dunn’s River Ginger Garlic Pimento, 80g
- 1 tsp Dunn’s River Thyme, 40g
- 5 tbsp Grace Coconut Oil, 500ml
- 1 tsp Grace Hot Pepper Sauce, 85ml
- 1 can Chopped Tomatoes, 400g
- 2 Sweet Potato - chopped
- 1 Large White Onion - chopped
- 2 Spring Onions - finely chopped
- Small bunch Fresh Coriander - finely chopped (for garnish)
- 135g Grace Fritters Mix, 270g
- 125ml Water